Scholarship Description: The Swami Dayanand Education Foundation is offering 4th MCM Scholarship program for the academic year 2018-2019. This year more than 200 scholarships are available for Indian students. The aim of the Scholarship program is to offer help to deserving students who have secured the admission on the basis of merit at premier colleges in India.
The Swami Dayanand Education Foundation (SDEF) provides financial assistance to the brightest underprivileged students in the U.S. and India. The Foundation (SDEF) provides Merit-cum-Means Scholarships to exceptionally talented but poor students in India pursuing professional courses. We fund the most talented students and help them pursue the best education in India.
Degree Level: Swami Dayanand Education Foundation provides Merit-cum-Means Scholarships to students pursuing professional courses in India.
Available Subject: The Scholarships are offered to students pursuing Engineering, MBBS, Pharmacy, IT, Architecture courses in Government or private Institutes in India.
Scholarship Benefits: There are 200* scholarships offered in the following categories:
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Gold Scholarships – Rs. 1,00,000 per annum (5 each) – restricted to students with GPA of 9.5/95% or top five positions in the merit list
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Silver Scholarships – Rs. 50,000 per annum (10 each) – restricted to students with GPA of 9/95% or top ten positions in the merit list
- Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Memorial Scholarships – Rs.25,000 per annum (40 each)
- Sh. Ram Lal Gupta Memorial Scholarships – Rs.20,000 per annum (40 each)
- Smt. Shanti Devi Memorial Scholarships – Rs.17,500 per annum (45 each)
- Sh. Ram Ji Lal Memorial Scholarships – Rs.15,000 per annum (60 each)
*30% OF THE TOTAL SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED ARE RESERVED FOR WOMEN APPLICANTS.
Eligible Nationalities: These scholarships are available for Indian students.
Eligible Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
(1) Candidate should be studying in the Govt. College and selected private colleges* for which they have taken admission by passing Competitive Examination conducted by Central/State Boards. (A proof of rank will be submitted for applying for scholarships).
(2) Gross annual income of the family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs. 6.00 lakhs per annum. Students having lowest family income shall be given preference in the ascending order. Income certificate should be got issued from appropriate civil authorities of the State/UTs/Central Governments whose details have been specified under the head ‘Submission of Documents by Applicants’. Any Affidavit submitted as Income Proof shall not be accepted.
(3) Candidate must have secured 85% marks in 12th class.
(4) Grade Point Average should be at least 7.5 in 10 points scale system.
(5) The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in the case of the student of getting fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees are eligible for applying for the scholarships.
(a) The gross family income criteria are Rs. 6, 00,000 per annum. Gross income refers to the income before deductions for taxes or other purposes.
(b) In addition to gross family income, the education and occupation of parents as well as family members including elder brother(s) and sister(s), the family’s living conditions and the total expenses being incurred by the family on the applicant’s education will be taken into consideration for determining the financial eligibility of an applicant.
(c) Applicants who are the first graduates of the family will be preferred over applicants who are the second or third child of the family taking up graduation.
(d) Where parents of applicants are employees, may submit Form 16 or ITR return as proof of income.
(e) Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are retirees/pensioners, a pension statement from the pension authority and/or from an authorized bank showing the gross monthly pension of the family member, inclusive of any supplementary allowances and before any deductions are required. Pensioners should also provide documents to show the official status or designation, gross salary drawn at the time of retirement and the name of the employing organization. If the parent/guardian has recently retired under a voluntary retirement scheme, reasons for retirement, and amount of lump sum benefits received on retirement should be disclosed.
(f) Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are agriculturists or have farming or cultivation as their source of income, an income certificate from a recognized or competent authority should be submitted. Details of the nature and size of the landholding crops grown, etc. wet or dry land irrigation should also be provided.
(g) Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are in business or self-employed, income certificate issued by any government authority or the income tax return should be submitted in support of the gross family income specified in the application. Specific details of the nature and size of the business or self-employment should also be provided.
Application Procedure: Supporting documents:
1) Income certificate.
2) Copy of 10th, 12th Mark sheets.
3) Copy of Rank card of entrance examination
4) Copy of Fee Receipt submitted by the student or Admission letter, in case of the student who has taken admission this year.
5) Two recent passport size photograph was taken in the last six months.
6) Certificate of family income / BPL certificate / Certificate from local panchayat office for proof of annual family income / ITR
7) Copy of ration card or ID proofs of parents
8) Address proof/AADHAR ID