16-22 November 2017 | Ommen, Netherlands
This Training Course is for 50 participants from Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
— The training is open for people that don’t need a visa in order to travel to the Netherlands. —
The 31st edition of Event Wise brings the attention to Educators, Trainers & Youth Workers in order to support their parallel process into
guiding people’s learning.
Being an educator working on personal development is interlinked on your own competences development, it is a parallel process. Your personal concepts about non-formal education are influencing the working methods that you use as youth leader, for instance. Enlarging your perspective in non-formal education also enlarges your possibilities as an educator.
Event Wise is a safe space where you can experience, play and grow. It will empower you to challenge your own resourcefulness and ability to create desired results, and thus have a positive impact on your self-confidence. It will help you stand up for yourself with integrity in a social context and increase your ability to deal with demanding situations.
Event Wise is a dynamic personal development training that equips you with tools and techniques that increase your abilities to achieve personal and professional success while enjoying life. Moreover, it will empower you to master the events that are occurring in your life, to enhance your competences – you will be able to choose how to react to what happens to you and navigate change to your benefit.
What you can get out of the training:
• Reach the best performance levels you are capable of
• Communicate with more clarity, accuracy and persuasiveness.
• Create and sustain a positive mental attitude, especially during hard times.
• Use your words and body language to purposefully instil self-confidence.
• Manage your priorities so that you are always doing the most important thing first.
• Distinguish between constructive and destructive criticism.
• Analyse problems to find their causes and solutions.
• Gain the willing cooperation of others.
• Use good humour to make yourself more effective in the workplace.
• Rediscover the joy of play and spontaneity.
• Work on your weaknesses and play to your strengths.
Additionally, during this training we are going to give practical tools and approaches that can be implemented in work with other people:
• Reflection & self-reflection tools
• Planning tools
• Decision-making tools
• Outdoors as a personal development tool
• Out of the box approach
• Appreciative inquiry approach
The Event Wise training consists of 7 full working days, and it takes place in and around the premises of the Olde Vechte Foundation in Ommen, The Netherlands. There are indoor and outdoor training sessions. Some of the exercises are accompanied by music, game and play.
Event Wise is designed to give you new impulses in your personal and professional life, creating unique results. In this training you will learn how to: achieve goals, handle challenging situations and people, build and sustain healthy relationships, make choices, produce results, work with your energy, give and receive feedback, reflect on your own learning, work out of appreciative inquiry and others.
On each day of the training, you will have the opportunity to put in practice what you have learned. On the last day, you will have the chance to discuss how you can apply them in your own working environment with trainees, volunteers, staff members of your organization. Olde Vechte Foundation is open for consultation on how you can apply these tools/approaches in your daily work with people after the training is over.
– This training is financially supported by the Olde Vechte Foundation by covering the hosting and catering costs of the training.
– There is a participation fee of 195€.
– Participation fee for people with paid jobs or people living in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Switzerland is 270 €.
– Participants take care of their own travel expenses.
Participants coming from counties that don’t require a visa and the ones that already hold a visa for The Netherlands are welcome to apply.
Application deadline (24h CET): 25 October 2017.
Date of selection: 1 November 2017.