26 November – 2 December 2017 | Portimão, Portugal
This Training Course is for 30 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries .
The course will enable young migrants and young people with migrant background, such as, community leaders; youth workers and those active in local community working with young migrants, to gain knowledge, skills and attitudes to successfully increase the participation of young migrants and young people with migrant background in the existing structures, spaces and mechanisms for participation in decision-making, countering violent radicalization and advocating for their rights.
Young people in Europe have in the last decade have been able to introduce in the political discourse of our different national and European institutions the importance of youth participation in decision-making process. Processes such as EU Structured Dialogue or the co-management system of the Council of Europe in the field of youth have gained significant relevance, as concrete mechanisms to involve youth in the development of the policies and decisions that will affect their lives and their communities.
Nevertheless, we saw that we still have not been able to include in such processes the diversity of young people that exist in our societies.
Youth migrants and young people with migrant background are still often not included or represented in such spaces, therefore their concerns and interests are not many times reflected in the decisions taken.
We believe that by increasing the political and social participation of young migrants and young people with migrant background we will bring on board new visions, innovative approaches and appropriate solutions to our current challenges
1) Develop a better understanding of the economic, social and political situations and identify the main challenges faced by young migrant and young people with migrant background living in Europe today;
2) Empower youth workers and community leaders to be able to better prepare young migrants and young people with migrant background to represent their interests and current challenges (such as integration, identity conflict, discrimination, employment, education, lack of youth policies and involvement in the decision-making process);
3) To acquire know-how on concepts and roles of youth work, youth policies, migration and integration policies and institutions relevant for the engagement of migrant youth at different levels (local, national and European level);
4) Support the recognition and involvement of migrants-led organisations/ initiatives and promote the cross sectoral cooperation;
5) Support young migrants and young people with migrant background to be active players in countering violent radicalization and advocating for their rights;
6) Increase the number and quality of projects in the frame of Erasmus+ approaching the social inclusion of young migrants and young people with migrant background.
– young migrants and young people with migrant background who act/can act as multipliers (specifically community leaders and youth workers);
– youth workers/leaders/ trainers (who work with young migrants)
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Application deadline (24h CET): 8 October 2017.
Date of selection: 16 October 2017.