17-24 September 2017 | Mollina, Spain
This Partnership-building Activity is for 24 participants from Algeria, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, Palestine, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey.
Partnership Building Activity
In order establish a sustainable and effective North-South youth partnership for youth participation at local level, DYPALL Network will organize a Partnership-Building Activity (PBA) “Building bridges to enhance youth participation at local level in Mediterranean countries”, bringing together experts from civil society organisations and local authorities form Spain, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Germany, Turkey, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine.
The objectives of the PBA are to:
* Foster networking and international exchanges between youth organisations and municipalities from both shores of the Mediterranean, building trust and create space for project building;
* Exchange and promote realities and good practices in terms of cooperation between local authorities and civil society in the region and disseminate the partners’ methodology and tools of youth participation at local level;
* Enlarge DYPALL Network scope to the Mediterranean countries and set up concrete follow-up projects to mainstream its methodology and enhance spaces of shared decision-making in youth policy development at local level in the region;
* Introduce Erasmus +, emphasising new key actions, promoting opportunities for further work and helping participants to navigate the programme;
* Empower and develop competencies of youth workers by delivering and exchanging methods of non-formal education in the concerned fields.
The PBA will be organized within the framework of 18th University on Youth and Development , from 17th – 24th September (including travel days) in Mollina, Spain.
About University on Youth and Development
The University on Youth and Development (UYD) is an activity jointly organized by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe (NSC) and other international youth organisations and youth serving organisations. Since its first edition in 2000, the University takes place once a year bringing together representatives of youth organisations and youth movements from all over the world who gather in CEULAJ (Euro-Latin-American Youth Centre) to discuss, train and be trained as well as to take political action around the main issues on the global agenda.
In addition to the organisations’ own activities, every year a joint theme focusing on a specific, relevant issue is providing space for the approximately 200 participants – coming from each corners of the world – to interact and work together. The joint activities are creating intense debates among young people, thus enriching their learning experience and broadening their perspective. This year, ‘Developing global identities” will be the focus.
This PBA is targeting youth workers and youth municipality officers. The participants should:
– Be able to work in English;
– Be willing to contribute with their experience to the PBA;
– Be coming from one of the participating countries (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Germany, Turkey, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan or Palestine)
– Be able to attend the whole duration of the PBA;
– Have relevant experience in the topic of youth participation at local level;
– Highly motivated towards learning about decision-making processes in youth work.
We will select 2 participants per country, respectively:
– A representative of civil society organisation (project managers, youth workers)
– A representative of the local government (municipality) working with youth issues.
To apply for participation in this PBA, please fill in the online registration form here: https://goo.gl/forms/M7A2b8RdbnYAjb4m1
The deadline for application is 14th August 2017, latest by 23:59 Central European Time.
SELECTION WILL BE ANNOUNCED by 17th August 2017.
1. Flight tickets shall be bought only after agreement and confirmation with the organizers. Travel expenses PER PARTICIPANT to and from the venue will be reimbursed as follows:
*Morocco, Portugal – € 180
*Spain, Italy, Malta, Germany, Tunisia, Algeria – € 275
*Turkey – € 360
*Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine – € 530
– Reimbursement will be done via bank transfer after event.
– Assistance in obtaining visa for the participants requiring a visa to enter Spain will be provided by the organizers.
2. Accommodation and meals will be provided by the organizers in CEULAJ. Any particular need should be communicated at the moment of registration.
3. There is no participation fee. An info-pack with further details on accommodation and programme will be shared with the selected participants.
Application deadline (24h CET): 14 August 2017.
Date of selection: 17 August 2017.