16-24 September 2017 | Mali Iđoš, Vojvodina, Serbia
This Training Course is for 32 participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Italy, KOSOVO * UN RESOLUTION, Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey
Aim of this training course is to promote interreligious dialogues and encounters in our youth work, through retrospective view of current refugee crises and islamophobia that is root of many xenophobic outbursts towards refugees, immigrants and asylum seekers.
Objectives of the project are:
– To raise competences of our youth workers to empower youngsters in our communities and raise their competences and motivation for critical review towards media and media reporting, when it comes to religious backgrounds
– To promote intercultural dialogue and acceptance among our youth workers and equipping them with tools and methods to further promote those among our beneficiaries
– Deconstruction of misapprehensions about different religions and alleged religious teaching about warmongering among youth workers and youngsters in our communities
The core activity of the project is – 8 days long training course. It will be organised in the beautiful guest house near Mali Iđoš in Vojvodina, Serbia (link to map), from 16th till 24th September 2017. Project will gather 32 participants, trainers and staff from 11 organisations and countries (DE, RS, HR, BA, MK, IT, GR, BG, TR, ME, XK).
The course is based on pedagogical understanding of Council of Europe and European Commission Partnership Programme and our own experience and expertise in project management and youth work for interreligious dialogue, inclusion and intercultural learning/acceptance. The course will follow the non-formal education approach, principles and methods and will be based on participants’ experience and exchange.
Participants should fulfil the following criteria:
* Age above 18
* To be active youth workers willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course
* Willing to take action in the field of interfaith and interreligious dialogue and acceptance of diversity of immigrants, refugees and other youth with fewer opportunities, setting up the international and local NFE projects
* Willing to enter into partnerships with participants from different organisations and countries
* Willing to develop and implement Erasmus+ YiA projects for interreligious dialogue and accepting diversity in Europe when it comes to immigrants, refugees and other marginalised groups
* Able to work in English
* Able to attend the entire duration of the training course
Participation fee: NONE!
Accommodation, three meals and two coffee breaks are covered by the organisers.
Travel costs will be reimbursed only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets. Travel expenses are covered by the organizers 100% up to the maximum allowance per distance calculator and means of travel (for all the original tickets and ways of travel that are plane, bus, train or ferry, NOT taxi and NOT car).
Maximum travel expense reimbursement per participant per country, including all incurred costs and bank fees:
1. Germany – 275 eur
2. Serbia – 20 eur
3. Croatia – 180 eur
4. Bosnia and Hercegovina – 180 eur
5. FYR Macedonia – 180 eur
6. Italy – 275 eur
7. Greece – 275 eur
8. Bulgaria – 180 eur
9. Turkey – 275 eur
10. Montenegro – 180 eur
11. Kosovo* – 180 eur
Application deadline: 10 July 2017
Date of selection: 20 July 2017