23-28 October 2017 | Lviv, Ukraine
This Training Course is for 24 participants from Russian Federation, Eastern Partnership countries , Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries .
The training course aims to support competence development of NGO’s managers for creating more efficient cooperation ties with business sector in order:
1) To improve the level of employability of young people participating in youth organizations through strengthening transition of experience from non-formal education to labour market;
2) To stimulate recognition of NFE by business sector in participating countries through improvement of transparency of youth organizations’ work and it’s quality;
3) To improve the functional capacity of NGOs working with youth through development of strategies stimulating financial support for youth projects from the side of business organisations;
4) To initiate ideas for strategic cross-sectoral partnerships (including opportunities for Erasmus+ funding within KA1 and KA2)
5) To synergise efforts of different sectors of society in order to enhance involvement of young people into community development on different levels
Youth work organisations are creating great social value and developing competences of young people required for their successful life. However youth work and non-formal learning are often vaguely understood by business sectors. And, from the other hand, NGOs do not cooperate with business in order to realise their programs for young people. When analysing recent reports on skills gap and most demanded competences, we realise that youth work can cooperate more with sectors and create links especially with private sector in order to unlock new employment and development opportunities for young people. We believe that greater cooperation would also unleash potential resources allocated by private sector to NGOs, which in turn could increase sustainability of youth work organisations and provide business with new possibilities for development.
Both aims can be reached by work using two key principles:
1) be PRO-active, suggest things interesting for business, involve all businesses you can find around you;
2) FIT together interests of business companies, NGOs and young people
The training course will provide participants with the possibilities:
• To explore links among NGO’s and business sectors and what each sectors has to offer to young people and each other
• To learn more about Social Corporate Success approach: forms, methods, needs of business, best practices, role of NGO’s
• To explore how to reach greater level of recognition of learning gained through activities in NGOs and link with needs in employment market
• To improve competences in youth projects management, fundraising and other mechanisms of cooperation of private sector and NGOs
• To create and develop projects and ideas aiming to establish and strengthen cross-sectoral partnerships in their countries
Program elements and main themes of the training
• Being in trend: which directions of cooperation are the most suitable for working together in the nearest future for business and NGOs
• Identifying local realities for cross-sectoral cooperation: legal frameworks, past experiences, existing opportunities
• Non-formal education values and approaches to competence development for improving employability of young people
• Main competences in demand by business sector: how to respond to those needs by NFE for young people
• Intersectorial ethics: how to make all stakeholders to appreciate and gain from cooperation
• Corporate Social Responsibility vs Corporate Social Success: 9 forms of cooperation with NGOs
• Making projects together: project making approaches of leading business schools and best practices
• Cooperation case study: study visits to business organizations and NGOs cooperating with business in Ukraine
• Creative Lab: creation of cooperational projects
We invite to participate:
– Directors and managers of NGOs from Programme and Partner countries of Erasmus + programme;
– Interested in developing cooperation of business sector and NGOs in the sphere of youth related topics
– Motivated to improve employability of young people they work with and open new perspective for their personal and professional development
– Willing to find sources for sustainable work of their organisations.
– Able to communicate in English
– Able to make decisions about initiating projects on behalf of their organisations.
– Available to participate in the entire duration of the training course.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except insurance cost which is your individual responsibility. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from Eastern Partnership Country or Russia, your costs will be covered by SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource Centre, more details will be sent to selected participants.
(Note for sending NAs: This acitivity is financed by TCA 2017).
Application deadline (24h CET): 2 October 2017.
Date of selection: 8 October 2017.