9-17 September 2017 | Gernica, Spain
This Training Course is for 30 participants from France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain.
This seminar on Peace and Memory work takes place within framework of the commemoration of the 80th Anniversary of the Bombing of Gernika in 1937.
– to get to know the method and the tools as well as the background of peace and memory work,
– to learn to use memory and art as a pedagogical tool for constructing a peace culture,
– to appreciate the importance of memory work in explaining the present and in constructing a peaceful future,
– to be able to analyze different ways in which countries/societies/individuals deal with history and its remembrance,
– to empower young people to successfully implement projects in the field of memory and peace work,
– to facilitate future partnerships between participating individuals and organizations.
Target group are young people engaged in youth work, who are interested in doing projects in the field of memory and peace work, and:
> are over 18 years old,
> can communicate in English,
> are able to attend 100 % of the seminar.
Travel costs will be reimbursed as following (max values):
Accommodation and food are provided.
No participation fee required.
Application deadline (24h CET): 18 August 2017.
Date of selection: 21 August 2017.