This Training Course is for 7 participants from Estonia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of, Portugal.
The project includes 2 stages:
1. Training Course in Vilnius, Lithuania from 03 till 11th of September and
2. Study visit in Yerevan, Armenia from 15 till 22 October 2017.
Selected applicants commit themselves to participate in both events.
The project involves ca 36 participants from 16 European countries: Lithuania, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Armenia, Belarus, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine.
ATTENTION: This is a call to fill a few empty places with participants from Lithuania (3 participants), Estonia (2), Macedonia (1) and Portugal (1).
With the project we aim to share good practices and tools on refugees and migrants integration processes, to create a recommendation paper on how to work with migrant youth, to build the capacity of youth workers to combat hate speech towards migrants, misinformation about refugess and xenophobic discourse.
During the activities we will discuss and analyze the current migration challenges in Europe and try to offer solutions from the perspective of youth work.
The Training Course (Lithuania) and the Study Visit (Armenia) have the following main objectives:
A. To provide conceptual framework on the notions of emigration, immigration, integration and multiculturalism to 36 youth workers from different European countries;
B. To analyze the emigration and immigration situation in participating countries and to find out the causes of migration, namely push and pull factors;
C. To discuss and analyze the current migration challenges in Europe and try to offer solutions from the perspective of youth work;
D. To foster tolerance, respect and open-mindedness towards migrants while working with young people as a target group;
E. To share experiences and best practices of integrating young migrants in youth organizations;
F. To equip youth workers with capacity to combat hate speech towards migrants, misinformation about refugees and xenophobic discourse;
G. To create a network of NGO’s willing to be involved in the migration management process and contribute to the refugee integration process in participating countries.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
● Fluent in English;
● Youth workers who are working to combat radicalization, discrimination and intolerance against refugees and migrants in their countries;
● Working, have experience or are interested in working with refugee or migrant integration issues;
● Ready to commit to the project for at least 3 months after the end of the project by organizing follow-up activities in their home countries;
● Experienced in non-formal education field and interested in implementing educational activities by themselves or want to gain new skills and knowledge on the topic;
● Able to attend both project Activities: A1 in Lithuania and A2 in Armenia;
● Age: from 18 years – there is no upper age limit.
There is no participation fee
Accommodation and food will be provided for free by the organisers of the activities.
Travel reimbursement will be paid up to
Training course in Lithuania
Study Visit in Armenia
Application deadline (24h CET): 5 August 2017.
Date of selection: 6 August 2017.