Deadline: 30 April 2018
Open to: participants from around the world
Venue: 9-20 July 2018 in Bolzano/Bozen (Italy)
Application is now open for Eurac Research’s Summer School on Human Rights, Minorities and Diversity Governance – Focus 2018: Power Sharing in Divided Societies.
The Summer School is an interdisciplinary, two-week program. The 2018 edition explores the theme of Power Sharing in Divided Societies by examining the challenge of complex diversity, through theoretical and empirical perspectives from Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and South America.
In seminars and workshops led by international experts, participants will critically engage with topics including international minority protection instruments, constitutional design in divided societies, religious and cultural diversity, and borders and cross-border cooperation. Field trips in South Tyrol will provide opportunities to gain first-hand experiences of local approaches to minority protection and diversity governance.
Eurac Research’s Summer School on Human Rights, Minorities and Diversity Governance is an interdisciplinary, two-week program for all those interested in minority rights and diversity governance.
- Tuition fee: The tuition fee for the two-week Summer School is € 400. This fee covers: course materials, guided tours in Bolzano/Bozen, access to the library of Eurac Research, internet access, weekday lunches (Mon-Fri). The fee does not cover: accommodation, meals (except weekday lunches), travel costs and other expenses not listed above.
- Scholarships: We offer five full scholarships (tuition fee waiver and free accommodation in a 4 bed-room at the Youth Hostel in Bolzano/Bozen) and five partial scholarships (no tuition fee). Selection is based on merit and need.
- Cancellation policy: In case of a cancellation after 30 May 2018, the organizers will refund the 90% of the tuition fee and minus any incurred costs (e.g. visa letter). This cancellation policy will be applied also to scholarship holders.
To apply for the Summer School, candidates have to submit a completed online application form. In the application form you will be asked to submit:
- personal data
- relevant academic and professional education
- work experience (if applicable)
- statement of motivation
Only complete application forms will be taken into consideration. No additional documents are required.
Start of the application process: 1 March 2018.
Application deadline: 30 April 2018.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com.