Seminar / Conference
23-26 October 2017 | Amman, Jordan
This Seminar / Conference is for 80/100 participants from Jordan, Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries .
The main aim of the Conference is to identify the possible paths of positive integration of refugees in the hosting countries and to empower the NGOs/youth work organisations to use innovative methods and approaches for better integrating refugees in the local community considering all the possible limitations due the national regulations.
The Conference will focus on some specific elements that could find a potential development within Erasmus+ Programme (supporting international projects for exchange of good practices):
– Role of youth work in dealing with refugees (at different level as NGOs, municipalities, youth NGOs, institutions, etc.)
– Success stories and good practices about the empowerment and inclusion of refugees at local level and about community dimension;
– Mapping of the needs of NGOs//youth work organisations/youth workers/institutions working with refugees;
– Networking space among the participating organisations for future cooperation at international level.
The Conference will try to clarify:
– The terminology when speaking about refugees and making differences among: refugees, asylum seekers and migrants;
– Overall situation of refugees: political, social, civic rights.
The Conference will tackle the elements of intercultural learning in such critical situation of needs and political crises due the current civic wars, economical crisis and high level of social tension.
The element of sharing experiences about the situation of refugees will be crucial for the mutual understanding and for analysing the modelling of good practices and verify their transferability.
The good practices and thematic discussions will focus on:
– Empowerment of women;
– Integration of refugees in the local community;
– Health and well-being
– Labour Market (competences)
– Social perception of refugees and change of perceptions .
During the Conference, will be important to include: youth refugees (representative of NGOs), international NGOs working on the topic, national NGOs doing grassroots work.
The participants should arrive on the 23th October 2016 (from dinner on) and the departure will be on the 26th October 2016 after lunch.
For the ones that would like to stay longer:
1. the hotel can provide you a room at the same rate than the conference upon request by the organisers (if you are interested in case of selection, we will get back to you)
2. the organisers can help in arranging some cultural and discovery activities in Jordan.
The Conference is open to participants representing NGOs working about the topic of refeugees from Programme Countries and to representative of NGOs of Jordan.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Youth EuroMed involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Application deadline (24h CET): 7 August 2017.
Date of selection: 9 September 2017.