Deadline: 25 March 2018 (KST 23:59)
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 24 years old, from ODA recipient countries
Venue: 20 – 26 May 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 4th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED(Global Citizenship Education) from 20 to 26 May 2018.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship through advocacy. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and youth advocacy through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) area to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Between 18 and 24 years of age
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Knowledgeable in GCED related issues and priorities
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
APCEIU will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation for all participants during the workshop. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea, for those selected as fully-funded participants.
- Participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
- Only travel insurance during the workshop will be covered by APCEIU. If participants require or wish to have health insurance during that period, all expenses should be borne individually.
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of global citizenship at the local and national levels
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.