SAYP is a leadership and training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance in countries of the Baltic Sea region and the EU Eastern Partnership. The programme attempts to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to participate in the process of developing a more sustainable governance structure.
Participation in SAYP starts with a thematic module (usually some 30 participants, and about two weeks in duration), which is free of charge and includes food, accommodation and flight tickets. The module is focused on network-building, experience-sharing and development of new knowledge and understanding on how transparency, openness and creativity may be used to improve the governing of our societies. The module is an interactive meeting place where hands-on experiences, questions and challenges from different countries are discussed in lectures, seminars, workshops and study visits.
Afterwards, SAYP participants are welcome to join in follow-ups and thematic workshops as fellows of the Swedish Institute Alumni Network – a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future. SAYP alumni also enjoy the possibility to apply for micro grants to build their own activities, and use peer shadowing mobility for tailor-made expert visits abroad.
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
Young professionals who do not belong to any of the categories above, e.g. employed in the private sector, or working as independent consultants/freelancers, may also apply but will not be prioritized in the selection.
How to apply1) Please read the instructions, available on the SI website.
2) Complete your application, with the following enclosures:
– Letter of Motivation (SI template mandatory)
– Curriculum Vitae (Europass template mandatory)
– Letter of Reference (SI template recommended)
– English Language Certificate (SI template may be used)
3) Submit your application, using the SI online application portal. The portal will be open for applications until 28 February 2018.
Markus Boman, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)8 453 79 64
Madeleine Mattsson, email@example.com, +46 (0)8 453 78 29