Applications are invited for Fulbright-Nehru master’s fellowships available for outstanding Indians residing in India. Fellowships will be awarded to pursue master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree, have at least three years professional work experience and are committed to return and contribute to their communities.
The United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF) promotes mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the U.S. through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals and students.
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing master’s degree program at selected US colleges and universities.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees*, living and related costs; and
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
* USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Indian citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Indian citizens can apply for these Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should:
- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- if employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
How to apply: Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted online
- Please carefully review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online applicaiton:
FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form