Deadline: 15 March 2018
Open to: advanced graduates (PhD and master) and post-doctoral students in environmental and energy economics and modelling
Venue: 2– 6 July 2018 in Paris, France
Building on its experience with the EEET master’s program of Université Paris Saclay, Université Nanterre, EHESS and Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, CIRED is running a Summer School program in Economic modelling of Environment, Energy and Climate. The program aims at organizing yearly events based on scientific exchanges between participants and an international faculty about modelling environment, climate, energy and economy interactions to explore the different dimensions of sustainability, and beyond to build an international community of modelers. The Summer School has a different topic each year, under the general umbrella of Environment, Energy and Climate modelling. The second edition will be based at CIRED headquarters, and its topic will be “The role of demand and lifestyles in low carbon pathways”.
The Summer School will take place at CIRED headquarters from the 2nd to the 6th of July, 2018.
Accommodation in double studio shared with School colleagues have been booked for the duration of the School (6 nights maximum starting the 1st of July) at the Aparthotel Adagio Paris Vincennes which are ideally located about 15 minutes from CIRED headquarters by subway or bike and 15 minutes from Paris centre by subway. Single studios can be provided on demand with extra costs.
All participants must arrive on Sunday July 1st and depart after the School is over, on Friday July 6th at night or on Saturday July 7th if preferred.
Lunches will be provided at CIRED location. The schedule is open for breakfasts and dinners (except Social dinner). The studios are all equipped with kitchens and there are numerous supermarkets and restaurants in the area.
The Summer School is aimed at advanced graduates (PhD and master) and post-doctoral students in environmental and energy economics and modelling.
Accepted applicants will be requested to pay a participation fee of :
- EUR 500, covering accommodation (from Sunday July 1st, 2018 for a maximum of 6 nights), lunches and the School social dinner ;
- EUR 150 (without accommodation), covering lunches and the School social dinner ;
Successful candidates will receive information about modes of payment once admitted to the School.
The School Organisers make available a limited number of scholarships for the coverage of the travel costs for participation in the School. Please indicate in the application form if you would like to apply for a scholarship.
Summer School Regulations
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- All accepted applicants will be required to pay a participation fee (see above).
- As the School will be conducted in English, applicants should have an adequate working knowledge of that language.
Documents to upload are :
- Curriculum vitae (1 page) ;
- A short motivation letter (500 words max) ;
- A short abstract of your intended presentation during the Summer School (500 words max) ;
- A Letter(s) of reference (optional)
Please note that mandatory documents are to be uploaded as a single .pdf file containing the documents in the same order.
The deadline for applications is March 15th, 2018.
In order to apply, register HERE.
- 15 MAR 2018 : Deadline for Applications.
- 1 APRIL 2018 : Acceptance notifications will be sent out by APRIL 1st, 2018.
- 20 APRIL 2018 : Deadline for payment of the participation fee
Questions about the Summer School send an email to Julien Lefèvre. firstname.lastname@example.org